After reviewing thousands of broadcast listings over the years, we found that listings that did not receive a response fell into one of the following categories:
- Lack of Specificity: You posted “I want to buy cell phones”. So what. Everyone wants that. There is nothing actionable. List exactly what you want to buy (or sell)
- Too much Specificity: You posted “I need to buy 300 of part ABCFEFG, which is a gold colored 16 GB version. Would 32GB work? Would silver work? In the used market you might have to settle for something more generic, especially in quantity
- Lack of Credibility: Your reaching out to other countries, without providing any company details about yourself, without any history, using a free email account, for a large deal. Is it any wonder people don’t respond? Build a better account profile.
- Not a big market: You are looking for something that is hard to find/sell or has small market. Try again.
To ensure you get a response we recommend the following:
- Build a Strong Profile- Check your due diligence report, and company profile. Do you have a logo, business credentials, website, corporate email, and proper spelling / capitalization? If not, you may be turning people off to wanting to deal with you.
- Include Specific Details- Is your listing specific enough about what you need to buy or sell? Did you include sizes, colors, potential substitutions, additional information or requirements needed or that you have?
- Understand Your Requirements- Is this a REALLY hard to find item, or small market in general? Or is this a super specific part with no alternate parts that work for what you need? If so, adjust your expectations, it could take a couple tries to find the right buyer / seller.
If you need additional information or want to schedule a training please contact us.